IBKR Traders’ Academy offers interactive, online courses on the tools and products available via our trading platform.
Python TWS API is a free educational feature, which engages traders with practical Python code examples. Readers can measure their knowledge via a short quiz at the end of each chapter.
Check out the top 5 reasons traders take this course:
- Python has been crowned the most popular language according to IEEE Spectrum’s annual ranking. Proficiency with this language expands one’s algo trading and data science skills.
- This Traders’ Academy class shows students how to install and configure the API for our award-winning Trader Workstation, TWS. In just a few minutes, users get up-to-speed with powerful and fast trading tools.
- Readers get practical examples on how to code market data requests.
- Algo and order type syntax is illustrated with in-depth examples and references to the GitHub repository.
- Traders learn more about EClient and EWrapper classes. The purpose of these important API features is explained in details. Data visualization tools explain how the EClient sends messages to TWS, and how EWrapper delivers TWS callbacks, which the API client implements.
Don’t miss this opportunity to code along the course instructor and see how easy and intuitive Python is. See an example on to how write a market order request:
order = Order()
order.action = action
order.orderType = “MKT”
order.totalQuantity = quantity
Visit IBKR Traders’ Academy and enroll in this class today:
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.