IBKR invites quants and data scientists interested in trading to try their algo coding skills with our proprietary Application Program Interface (API). Our sophisticated tools allow you to build your own automated rules-based trading application in your favorite programming language or protocol. Moreover, use the API to further polish your time series analysis skills or tactical allocation strategies.
- First, select your favorite programming language supported by our API:
- C++ (POSIX-compliant).
- Or choose from other popular technologies, such as:
- ActiveX – can be integrated into other programs such as Excel and Matlab.
- DDE – use our Excel sample application to get started.
- .NET (C#) – use the C# library with any .NET supported language.
- Next, download the API and learn how to connect to TWS.
- Be sure to add us to your GitHub watch list! https://interactivebrokers.github.io
- Finally, it is always a good idea to practice your trading strategies in a simulated account. Use your IBKR PaperTrading account. Or if you are new to IBKR, start your free trial account here:
Also, for more news on IBKR API, follow our dedicated news section: https://www.tradersinsight.news/category/ibkr-quant-news/api_development/
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Interactive Brokers LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.
Any trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.
In accordance with EU regulation: The statements in this document shall not be considered as an objective or independent explanation of the matters. Please note that this document (a) has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and (b) is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination or publication of investment research.