As the 2020 Spring Semester approaches fast, IBKR invites Quant Finance and Financial Engineering Professors and Students to use our proprietary Application Program Interface (API). Our sophisticated tools allow you to build your own automated rules-based trading application in your favorite programming language or protocol.
How to build your assignments
- Select a programming language supported by our API:
- Java – Our most popular API technology;
- .NET (C#) – You can use the C# library with any .NET supported language;
- C++ (POSIX-compliant);
- C++ (MFC);
- ActiveX – Integrate our ActiveX control into other programs such as Excel and Matlab;
- DDE – Use our Excel sample application to get you started, or any DDE-aware program.
- Review IBKR API Reference Guide on GitHub and the Application Programming Interface (API) Notes to learn the syntax and download the Testbed sample projects.
- Register for the IBKR Student Trading Lab to get a simulated trading account and start coding!
- Sign up for our free Traders’ Academy Python and R online classes.
- Add us to your GitHub watch list!
For more news on IBKR API, follow our dedicated channel.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.