Robert A. Green, CPA, CEO GreenTraderTax.com
Wed, Feb 19, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST
- There are several new and revised 2019 tax forms based on the implementation of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Learn how traders, eligible for trader tax status (TTS), maximize business, home office, and startup expenses using critical tax-reporting strategies.
- Don’t solely rely on broker 1099-Bs: There might be opportunities to switch to lower 60/40 capital gains rates in Section 1256, use Section 475 ordinary loss treatment if elected on time, and report wash sale losses differently.
- Make vital 2020 tax elections on time.
- Learn common errors on tax returns for TTS traders, which can lead to an IRS or state exam.
- Learn tips for filing extensions and paying taxes due April 15, 2020.
Join CPAs Robert A. Green, Darren L. Neuschwander, and Adam W. Manning from Green, Neuschwander & Manning, LLC.
Sponsored by GreenTraderTax.com
If you can’t join us live, register and we’ll send you the recording.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE, FINRA, SIPC
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Disclosure: Tax-Related Items (Circular 230 Notice)
The information in this material is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute tax advice and cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer to avoid penalties under any federal, state, local or other tax statutes or regulations, or to resolve any tax issue.