Sabina Liu – Head of APAC Business Development, Cash Secondary Markets and
UK Account Coverage, London Stock Exchange Group
Thu, Aug 6, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
Launched in 2019, Shanghai London Stock Connect allows global investors to benefit from China‘s growth through London, while London Stock Exchange listed companies will be able to access Chinese investors directly. The project represents a number of firsts:
- The first time any foreign companies are able to list in mainland China and the first time Shanghai Stock Exchange listed companies are able to raise capital abroad through instruments fungible with their domestic shares.
- The first time Chinese investors are able to access international stocks from within China without being subject to domestic capital controls.
- The first time international investors are able to access China A-shares from outside Greater China and through international trading and settlement practices
This webinar will explain:
- How Shanghai London Stock Connect works
- The difference between Shanghai London Stock Connect and other China access channels
- Trading mechanism for Chinese A-share GDRs in London
Sponsored by London Stock Exchange Group
If you can’t join us live, register and you will automatically receive a link to the recording shortly after the session ends.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE, FINRA, SIPC
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
The analysis in this material is provided for information only and is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad-based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation by IBKR to buy, sell or hold such investments. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.