– March Nonfarm Payrolls to kick off the new quarter, due at 7:30 am CT. Expectations for 490,000 jobs but wage growth, an inflation indicator, a major focus. Estimates say +0.4% MoM and +5.5% YoY.
– A 5.5% YoY increase would match January as the highest since coming out of lockdowns in April and May 2020, at 8.0% and 6.6%.
– Wages have increased significantly, today’s 5.5% expected is YoY on a base comp of 4.2% in 2021. Pre-pandemic, YoY increases were around 3.0%.
– In February, wage growth cooled significantly rising by only 0.03% MoM.
– Unemployment Rate expected to fall to 3.7%, lowest since 3.5% in March 2020, pre-pandemic.
– The closely watched ISM Manufacturing, for March, due at 9:00 am CT, after final SPGI Manufacturing PMI at 8:45 am CT.
– Caixin Chinese Manufacturing for March whiffed at 48.1 versus 50.0. Big contraction
– Eurozone CPI hit record high of 7.5%.
– Final Eurozone Manufacturing PMI was revised lower to 56.5 from 57.0
Breaking News: Solid Nonfarm Payrolls. 431k jobs a small miss by 59k, but February was revised higher by 72k. Wage growth hot, but not really hotter than expected at 5.6% YoY and 0.4% MoM. Unemployment Rate down to 3.6%, lowest since March 2020.
E-mini S&P (June) / NQ (June)
S&P, yesterday’s close: Settled at 4530.75, down 65.25
NQ, yesterday’s close: Settled at 14,868.75, down 202.75
– S&P broke below major three-star support aligning with February 2nd and 9th, as well as Monday’s settlement gap. Near-term momentum has shifted to Neutral while below here.
– Still, a number of strong support levels buoying yesterday’s selling and paving way for consolidation higher overnight.
– S&P 100-day moving average 4527.
– Major three-star support in the S&P at … Click here to get our (FULL) daily reports emailed to you!
Crude Oil (May)
Yesterday’s close: Settled 100.28, down 7.54
– Crude back below $100 after White House announced plan to release 180 mb from SPR.
– Latest wave down comes after contraction on China Manufacturing PMI and revision lower on Eurozone. Also, after meeting with Russia, India will continue to buy Russian Oil.
– India is the third largest importer of Crude Oil
– Early rebound yesterday failed at our 104.55-104.75 level, now major three-star.
– The recurring balance are of 101.53-101.65 was surrendered late yesterday and today’s high failed.
– Downside of range discussed earlier this week, comes in at … Click here to get our (FULL) daily reports emailed to you!
Gold (June) / Silver (May)
Gold, yesterday’s close: Settled at 1954, up 15.0
Silver, yesterday’s close: Settled at 25.133, up 0.20
– Gold and Silver failed to hold yesterday’s swing highs, leaving technical gaps at settlement.
– End of month volatility not uncommon.
– Nonfarm Payroll will be the big mover this morning, expectations discussed in the headline section.
– Bonds down sharply and U.S. Dollar up, weighing on Gold and Silver.
– Gold did clear strong resistance at 1944, but failed in front of rare major four-star resistance at 1965.5-1972.5.
– Silver struggled at major three-star resistance at 25.19-25.25.
– Pivot and point of balance crucial on the session, comes in at … Click here to get our (FULL) daily reports emailed to you!
Originally Posted on April 1, 2022 – Quarter Kicks Off with Jobs
Disclosure: Blue Line Futures
Futures trading involves substantial risk of loss and may not be suitable for all investors. Trading advice is based on information taken from trade and statistical services and other sources Blue Line Futures, LLC believes are reliable. We do not guarantee that such information is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Trading advice reflects our good faith judgment at a specific time and is subject to change without notice. There is no guarantee that the advice we give will result in profitable trades. All trading decisions will be made by the account holder. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The information contained within is not to be construed as a recommendation of any investment product or service.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
Information posted on IBKR Traders’ Insight that is provided by third-parties and not by Interactive Brokers does NOT constitute a recommendation by Interactive Brokers that you should contract for the services of that third party. Third-party participants who contribute to IBKR Traders’ Insight are independent of Interactive Brokers and Interactive Brokers does not make any representations or warranties concerning the services offered, their past or future performance, or the accuracy of the information provided by the third party. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
This material is from Blue Line Futures and is being posted with permission from Blue Line Futures. The views expressed in this material are solely those of the author and/or Blue Line Futures and IBKR is not endorsing or recommending any investment or trading discussed in the material. This material is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or hold such security. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
In accordance with EU regulation: The statements in this document shall not be considered as an objective or independent explanation of the matters. Please note that this document (a) has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and (b) is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination or publication of investment research.
Any trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.
Disclosure: Futures Trading
Futures are not suitable for all investors. The amount you may lose may be greater than your initial investment. Before trading futures, please read the CFTC Risk Disclosure. A copy and additional information are available at ibkr.com.